Spice Rubbed Wagyu Hanger Steak
Grilled Spice-Rubbed Hanger Steak Recipe
Yield: Approx 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 lbs of R-C Ranch Wagyu Hanger Steak
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Heat a charcoal grill to medium heat.
Mix the following spices in a small bowl. Smoked paprika, cocoa powder, cumin, allspice, cinnamon, and cayenne.
Season the Hanger Steak all over with Kosher Salt. Next season the steak with fresh black pepper.
Rub the spice mixture all over both sides of the Hanger Steak until coasted evenly.
Cook the steak on the grill for 4-5 minutes on each side. You want the steak to be medium-rare or otherwise it'll be "chewy."
Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for at least 5 minutes. You need those juices to dispute before cutting into it.
Lastly, make sure you slice the steak Against The Grain and then serve.